Thursday, July 10, 2014

True Confessions: I'm Not a Glitter Girl

Welcome to July's CTMH Bloghop.  
You may have come from Becky McClain's blog.  
Thanks, Becky!  Our theme this month is to BLING IT.

It's true.  I'm not a blingy, glittery kind of gal.  (I'm crossing myself right now in protection of the sacrilege.)  But I do LOVE and admire a bunch of my Glitter Girlies.  (You know who you are.)  My wardrobe's not blingy, my hair style lets you know I haven't seen a salon in an embarrassing number of years and my figure says I pay more attention to cupcakes than Pilates. 


But I love me some Melinda Everitt and her monthly bloghops.  

I love being a part of the Close to My Heart community. 
So, ahem, I shall bling it on.

It's July so let's bling out the fireworks, right?
I used two stamp sets that you might not necessarily pair together.
The sayings and the explosion of fireworks are from "Kaboom" the stamp of the month from June '14. But the longer strands in blue ink are from "Have a Happy Day" D1616, as is the cute "just because" that's tucked under the circle of FUN.

There's quite a bunch of glitter trim; I used teal, red and gold.  (The gold will be available August 1 when the new idea book comes out.)  And I know I just wrote that I don't like glitter too much.  Well, while listening to the wonderful Dr. Phil at our convention, I learned the best thing about our Glitter Trim: it doesn't leave evidence.  You can touch it or swipe it and not look like you've been with the Tooth Fairy. 

Thanks, Dr. Phil ~ you may have changed my mind about working with glitter!  
As an additional shine and bling, I added two embellishments into the fireworks: sparkles and sequins.


Now, let's bling on the next consultant.  
Shine on, Barbi!
I hope your day sparkles!

7 comments:

  1. I Love your card Di, I think you did a great job. I would never had guessed that you were a non-girly girl...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, I think that you may be an undercover blinger! Great job. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane! I just love you! I'm right there with you on cupcakes and salons! :)
    And for someone who claims to not be a blingy girl, your card sure is sparkly!! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may need to reconsider your thought on bling - as this card turned out perfect!! You may have discovered an hidden talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bling-impaired, too, but love what you have done with the fireworks! (And I got a big kick out of Dr. Phil and his glitter comments, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you bling the heck out of that card! Way to rock it girlie :)

    ReplyDelete